Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Friday, October 21, 2011

5 Favorite Fantasy Series

1. The Symphony of Ages by Elizabeth Haydon
  • If you like music and emotional plot lines, this is a must-read series. One of my all time favorite series ever. The characters are easy to connect with. Even though I read this book every year, I am still surprised how quickly I finish the books.
2. The Wayfarer's Redemption by Sara Douglass
  • This series has complex characters and twisting plot lines. You love and hate the characters equally and are constantly changing your opinion on the characters throughout a novel. Its a VERY complex series that has so many twists and turns that it feels like one big puzzle every time I read it. Amazing!
3. The Sun Sword by Michelle West
  • This series is a surprise every time you read or reread the series. I am still finding parts I missed or overlooked the last time I read them. They are the most detailed novels that I have ever read. You feel like you are right there with the characters. The characters are so detailed that you can't help but feel strongly towards them. 
4. The Bridge of D'Arnath by Carol Berg
  • This series will tug on your heart strings. The characters are so vivid that you get emotionally tangled. Dreams,  loves, hate, every emotion is portrayed in all its facets. A roller coaster of a series. I read it yearly.
5. The Sundered Series by Michelle Sagara West
  • I stumbled upon this series by accident, and I am sooo glad I did. This is a classic good versus evil series with an unexpected twist. Love conquers and all that, but in ways I had never conceived of until I read this book. You can't help but be touched and love the characters for both their strengths and their weaknesses. The author is the same as The Sun Sword (see #3), but the writing styles are completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment