Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

5 Books To Teach Your Boy to LOVE Reading!

As an avid reader, when my son didn't love books the way I did, I started to worry. I wondered what book or books I could get him to read that would ignite a love of reading. I asked my friends, and tried them for my son. Now, I cannot get him away from books. These were the delightful books and the reason my son said he LOVED them:

1. The Adventures of Captain Underpants (entire series, they're all GREAT).
By Dav Pilkey
  • This series is about two boys who play practical jokes and write comics about Captain Underpants. I can still hear my son laughing when he reads them. Try these novels first! They were the first I gave my son, and he still reads them weekly.
2. Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot (entire series).
By Dav Pilkey
  • This is a series about a young mouse and his robot. The titles are cute and a play on words. If your son likes space and silly monsters, these books are a must!
3. Stink Series
By Megan McDonald
  • A series that is easy to read, and very interesting. It is creatively illustrated, so it makes an intereting read.
4. Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger
By Kevin Bolger
  • This book is just hilarious. The first time we tried reading it together, I had to make my son read it to me, cause I was laughing too hard. Lots of pictures, and almost all the characters have really silly names.
5. Goosebumps Horrorland/Goosebumps
By R.L. Stine
  • I loved reading these books as a kid, so I thought I'd try them with mine, but he was still too young to get into the older Goosebumps. So when I was at a bookstore around Halloween, they had a display of the Goosebumps Horrorland. I bought one and had to go back for others pretty quickly. As far as I can tell, these books are rewritten for younger readers, so they're not as "scary" for younger kids. I read the older Goosebumps with my son until he was old enough to read them on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment