Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Plot Lines to Blow You Away!

Do you enjoy the twisting and turning plot lines that never end or absolutely shock you? I do! I love them! So here are a few of my favorite reads when I want a book that makes my brain keep processing information even after the book is read!

1. Christine Feehan's GhostWalkers series (Paranormal Romance).

  • This series takes so many twists and turns that you cannot even follow all the paths (and I've reread this series many times and still find myself lost). Warning though: do NOT  read this series out of order, or you cannot make sense of things and will spoil the rest of the series! But if you read it in order, it will sure take you for many, many turns and twists.
2. Trudi Canavan's Age of the Five trilogy (Fantasy).
  • Wow, what a shocker at the end. The characters provide all the twists and turns, and the author makes it obvious that she wants you to understand why the character made their decision, and that her story changes as often as people do. This is a series you cannot miss!
3. Stan Nichols The Dreamtime trilogy (Fantasy).
  • This series you cannot skip. The ending is not quite what you expect, and you cannot know the ending until it hits. This is also a "page-turner" series, one that is very hard to put down once you have picked it up. 
4. Tad Williams' Otherworld series (Sci-Fi).
  • This series spans time, space, and electronics. This series is so complicated and technical that you can't help but get lost. The author does an amazing job of bringing all of his characters and plots together into an unforseen twist!
5. Patricia McKillip's The Riddlemaster trilogy/book (Fantasy).
  • What a creative and emotional novel with all the twists you would expect from a real riddle. I have this book in one single bound volume, but I believe it was originally released in individual books. This series is so colorfully written and you have to use your brain so much in this book that you can't help but think about it for weeks after!
Note: I also have other books/series that I would have placed in this post, but they have already been mentioned (and I don't want to repeat myself), so check out the previous posts if you want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment