Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Great Book for Dog Training!

I have a 1 1/2 year old healthy, happy weimaraner. She is well trained and obedient. If you don't know much about this breed of dog, there are a few things to remember...they are very energetic and intelligent dogs. My weimaraner needs complex and new tricks to do constantly, and if weimaraners become bored, things get destroyed. So I do daily training with her, and I found 2 books that have saved our lives, because they have easy to follow training steps and complex tricks to do, and they take up lots of time and training and help with a dog that needs daily mental stimulation like weimaraners, terriers, etc. These are the best books I have found to help with training:

1. 51 Puppy Tricks by Kyra Sundance

  • This is for puppies 0-2 years. There are all kinds of cool tricks to do in here, from just starting clicker training to complex tricks like putting away their own toys! 
2. 101 Dog Tricks by Kyra Sundance
  • This one says for dogs 2 and older, but some of the tricks are simple enough to do with puppies. This has additional tricks to teach your dog if you find that you cannot teach your dog some of the "puppy" tricks (some require steps that I haven't started training with my dog yet), this is a good alternative until you do/can.
Note:  You do not need to worry if you did not train your dog with clicker training, these tricks do not necessarily need that specific type of training to complete. Use what works best as motivation with your pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment