Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Top 5 Mystery Authors

I've gotta love the mystery novel...especially a series, as the characters are able to be expanded upon over and over again. Here are my top 5 mystery authors!

1. Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington novels.

  • This character is so complex and easy to connect with! The author paints a vivid picture with an ending that always leaves me spinning. I love any series by this author, as he is one of my most favorites to read, and the detail is amazing!
2. Charlaine Harris' Lily Bard series.
  • This author is always a fun and easy read! I love reading this series, and recommend it to all  my friends too! I think the author is a genius with this series, even more than all her others. Many people pass it up for the other series, but this one is my favorite, I especially like the main character, and can associate with her on many levels.
3. Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas series
  • This borders somewhat into a fantasy/sci-fi to the most die-hard mystery readers, but I loved it. When I read the first book, I cried at the end. I am a really emotional person, and I love that about an author--when they can evoke that much emotion when they write. Plus, the author has a very unique and distinct way of portraying the character and the problems he's had. Love this series!
4. Dan Brown's Digital Fortress/Angels&Demons/The DaVinci Code.
  • Anything by this author is a must read. They are all thrilling and all the characters were easy to connect with. Not to mention all of the detail the author puts into his scenes and characters actions/thoughts. I am a die-hard fan of this author!
5. Steig Larson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
  • Ok, I have only read the one book that he has written so far (just finished reading it a few days ago), but the other comes highly recommended. That being said...Wow! Amazing! This author knows how to paint a scene well! What an interesting take on the characters. The author is easy to follow and there is so much detail! I couldn't put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment