Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Monday, November 14, 2011

3 Long But Fun Series to Read with Your Kids!

I love reading to my son, but I want to read him a book that's fun for me too! And I like long, detailed stories, even if they span multiple books. So here are our favorite fun books:

1. DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul

  • One of the most delightful and charming series that I have ever read (I often reread this series without reading it to my son). This series is just a wholesome, entertaining read with a good versus evil plot, and characters that you grow with. The series starts with a young woman, so it is easy for a child to connect with the characters. This series also has good lessons and values to teach a child.
2. Inheritance Cycle Series by Christopher Paolini
  • This is a great series, and is very complicated and detailed. It is just a fun read with lots of dark and light spots. If you have a child younger than 12, they may have a hard time trying to read this series on their own, but if you want to enjoy reading a book to your child just as much as they do listening to it, then this is a fantastic choice! Details and emotions are rampant in these books and the plot thickens and twists with each novel.
3. My Teacher Is An Alien series by Bruce Coville
  • I know this is an old series (I read it in elementary school), but that's what made me think it my be a good read, and my son really enjoyed it! He even tries to read ahead of me sometimes, and laughs when we read it. I loved this series because who hasn't had a teacher they wish they could prove was an alien, right? This series is nothing but pure fun, but I wouldn't recommend it for a "bedtime" story!
*Note: If your child is older than 12, these are good series for them to read on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment