Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Great Paranormal Romance Anthologies: Short but Sweet!

Most short stories combined into one book (anthology) lead to other series, but I found a few that can stand on their own too. I like short and to the point stories with similar or totally different themes. I like them for a busy day when I won't have the time or chance to really "get into" a larger book, or on vacations, when you're traveling or sitting on the beach or need a half hour or so "away" from the busy holiday times. Here are my favorites:

1. Dragon Lovers (Jo Beverly, Mary Jo Putney, Karen Harbaugh, and Barbara Samuel)

  • Ah, who doesn't love dragons, right? These are great and spectacularly written short stories about dragons/shape-shifters. These stories are sweet and good when you want a romantic but not too steamy read that is short and not too long, but still provides the descriptions and story/plot lines of merit and imagination. This book does not lead into any other series.
2. Dark Dreamers (Christine Feehan and Marjorie M. Liu)
  • These stories lead into other series, but they also stand on their own. I usually buy an anthology for one specific author, but read it all and if I like the author (like I did Liu) then I find out more. They are great stories, and give you a "sneak peek" into what the rest of the series is like. These are a must read if you like this genre!
3. Hot Blooded (Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne, Emma Holly, and Angela Knight)
  • I found out about 2 of my other favorite series by reading this book! These are just good stories and also lead into other series, but they stand alone too. The plot lines are what you would expect from these astounding authors, and so you know that this book is one you can't miss. If you haven't read any thing buy these authors....start with this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment