Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Friday, December 2, 2011

How To Pick a Book as a Gift (Part 2): Barnes and Noble's Recommended

I apologize for the delay in posting, and the once two-part, now four-part blogs. There is way too much information to try and put into one blog: you would be asleep long before the end. So, I am going to spread these out across this and the next 2 blogs, according to source. This blog will be about Barnes and Noble's Top Books in each Genre, the next (Part 3), will be Amazon.com's, and the third will be my own!

Kids:
  • Ages 3-5: No Two Alike by Keith Baker
  • Ages 5-8: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
  • Ages 9-12: The Lost Hero series by Rick Riordan
  • Teen: The Future of Us by Jay Ashner and Carolyn Mackler
Paranormal Romance:
  • The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon (this is part of a series called the Dark-Hunters/Dream-Hunters/Were-Hunters)
  • Note: This author is renowned for her creativity, detail, and characters, and I myself enjoy many of her books,including this series.
Romance:
  • The Next Always by Nora Roberts
Mystery:
  • V is for Vengence by Sue Grafton (this is part of a series called the Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Series)
  • Note: I also own quite a few books from this author, and enjoy her unique talents in writing.
Science-Fiction:
  • Micro by Michael Chrichton
Fantasy:
  • Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (this is part of the 'Eragon' series, called the Inheritance Cycle)
  • Note: I love this series. It is one of my favorites to read on my own or with my son.
Non-Fiction:
  • Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard
Fiction:
  • The Litigators by John Grisham
Classics:
  • Hans Christian Anderson: The Complete Fairy Tales
Historical Fiction:
  • 11/22/63 by Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment