Welcome! I love reading, and I love sharing books with other people just because it was a good read! I've loaned out and given away tons of books just because I believe the story was so good it should be shared. I have read thousands of books, from classics to sci-fi to mysteries, and even childrens' books! I'll read almost anything put in front of me, and I want to share when I find a good read, regardless of the genre!
**Feel free to send me any requests for genre types or reading orders!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How To Pick a Book as a Gift (Part 3): Amazon's Recommended

So here are Amazon.com's "Recommended" in each genre, plus some of my notes on them. Enjoy!

Kids:

  • Age 3-5: Leonardo, The Terrible Monster by Mo Willems
  • Age 5-8: The Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osbourne
  • Age 9-12: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book by Jeff Kinney
  • Teen: Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Paranormal Romance:

  • A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
  • Note: I especially enjoy this author. I own most of her books (including this one) myself. She is very creative and fun and I highly recommend reading her novels if you haven't. 
Romance:

  • Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
Mystery:

  • Lethal by Sandra Brown
Science-Fiction:

  • The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
  • Note: Reading the synopsis on Amazon, this looks like a great read. I even put it on my "Xmas List."
Fantasy:

  • The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers
Non-Fiction:

  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Fiction:

  • While I Was Gone by Sue Miller
Classics:

  • Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • Note: My grandmother had me read this book, and it flared my love for romances and intrigue in a book. So if somehow you have managed to miss reading this book, make sure that you find the time to read it. 
Historical Fiction:

  • 30 Pieces of Silver by Carolyn McCray
My Most Recommended up Next! Thanks again for your patience between posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment